The Beeson Bridge

Walking the Beeson Covered Bridge
Originally built 1n 1906 across Big Raccoon Creek, the Beeson Covered Bridge was rescued and moved to it's current location over Williams Creek. The bridge is no longer open to vehicular traffic, but serves as the entrance to Billie Creek Village, a collection of historical buildings including a general store, log cabin, church, and print shop.

hidden bridgesm

The Beeson bridge is a single Burr Arch spanning 55 feet, constructed of wood on a concrete foundation.Named after the family whose farm was located near the bridge, the Beeson covered bridge was reunited with the family log cabin when it was moved to Billie Creek Village in 1979.

<Shady Bridge

No comments: